Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catching up is hard to do!

So, Ian is 15 weeks and 5 days old. I meant to start this blog earlier...say when I was home on maternity leave and had lots of free time. ;) haha. Anyhow, now I feel the need to 'catch-up'. Here is a quick re-cap w/ some pictures...forgive me in advance if my memory isn't what it used to be and I don't mention everyone or everything that happened. I think I might be able to blame it on the 1:00 and 3:00 wake-up calls?


Week one (7/19-7/26)- Spent mostly in the hospital still (darn jaundice) but we did eventually get to go home on 7/23. Let the eating, pooping, and sleeping (Ian, not us) commence! Lots of visitors both in and out of the hospital. (thank you all for helping us keep our sanity ;)

first day home, meeting Cheeto


the sleeping....b/c I dont think you want to see the others:)

Week two (7/27-8/2)- More eating, pooping, and sleeping. Adam starts his new job. I hung out on the couch and fed ian, constantly. Watched some bad daytime TV and the first season of Ugly Betty. More visitors :)



Week three (8/3-8/9)- More of the same.....Karissa and Candi visit from WI.

smiling in his sleep


Week four (8/10-8/16)- More of the same, plus a visit from Grandma Jeni! Mom and Dad's first outing w/out baby, and the Laxdal family reunion. Ian slept the whole 2.5 hour trip there :) The ride home wasn't too bad either...


wow.....he looks so tiny back then!

Week five (8/17-8/23)- More of the same? The weeks are beginning to blur together and I don't have my calendar here at work.to help me... I think it was about this time that Ian started to be a little responsive and content for a little longer between feedings. Must also be the time I started feeling a little more sane :)



Week six (8/24-8/30)- I think this is the week I finally found daycare. More hanging out :)


Week seven (8/31-9/6)- Ahh....we had a Labor Day BBQ w/ lots of good friends and food, Uncle Eric came to town from his summer in Yellowstone, went to Great Aunt Sue and Uncle Steve's for the real Labor Day for some good food and one last (or first, for us...) boat ride of the summer. The next weekend we went home to Neenah to see Grandma and Grandpa and for Cousin Ben's baptism and meeting some more family. The car ride didn't go too bad.....only took an extra hour or so. :)

Grandma JeniGrandpa Tom

Cousin Ben! Good buddies already :)

Phew....that's quite a bit already. To be continued.....

No comments: